PDA

View Full Version : Getting a PS3 ... need some suggestions on what to get.

Dhalamar
26-02-10, 12:44
I've got a 160GB PS3 "fat" on layaway with Warhawks ... need a suggestion on what to get that isn't the obvious "Uncharted" style of answer because those games hold no interest to me whatsoever right now. Maybe when I see them cheap ...

I just want some suggestions for PS3 exclusives that aren't the typical answer that one hears from everyone. I don't have any interest in the third party stuff, because in most cases they're done better on the 360 anyway.

It can be anything. Retail, PSN store, whatever. :)

Duke.Togo
26-02-10, 12:49
Give Valkyria Chronicles a try. It's a great game, cheap now, and exclusive to PS3.

GameGavel
26-02-10, 12:49
I know this is an obvious one too, but you have to get Little Big Planet :)

Dhalamar
26-02-10, 12:57
I know this is an obvious one too, but you have to get Little Big Planet :)

Oh, definitely. That'll probably be the first retail game I get.

And as far as Valkyria Chronicles goes, if there's a demo I'll give that a try. But from what I've heard it's a strategy RPG and ... well ... I'm not that smart. :P

If you take a look at my Xbox 360 games I've played and the games I have on Steam (Dhalamar is the handle for both) you'll see I generally like to shoot people in face. :P

GivenTheOkieDoke
11-03-10, 06:08
For the PlayStation Network Flower, High Velocity Bowling, and Super Stardust HD. Also some fairly cheap games you may like Folklore, Heavenly Sword, and if you like online shooters Socom Confrontation is an okay game if you can find for a bargin.

Dhalamar
11-03-10, 08:13
For the PlayStation Network Flower, High Velocity Bowling, and Super Stardust HD. Also some fairly cheap games you may like Folklore, Heavenly Sword, and if you like online shooters Socom Confrontation is an okay game if you can find for a bargin.

The other games I'm thinking about getting eventually, but Socom games are out of the question because I'm pretty particular about my shooters. They've got to be extremely fast paced or else I just end up getting bored. heh

And no, Call of Duty isn't fast paced before someone brings it up. :P

That and I have issues playing shooters with Sony's controller anyway. For just about everything else it works great (especially Katamari games) ... but for shooters I don't like having the analogs right next to each other.

Of course Razr is either releasing or has released a PS3 controller that is basically a 360 controller. So I definitely plan on getting that if I can find it. If I'm going to be forced to use a controller in a shooter, it's got to at least work.

Satoshi_Matrix
04-01-11, 10:14
Heavy Rain. I reviewed it in depth. Please check it out.

http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/heavy-rain-review-ps3/

Dhalamar
05-01-11, 05:43
Heavy Rain. I reviewed it in depth. Please check it out.

http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/heavy-rain-review-ps3/

Played it, beat it. heh

indieseoul
30-01-11, 06:17
Hey Dhalamar! Have you played Dead Space 2 yet? The PS3 version gives you some exclusives over the 360 version. For example you get dead space extraction for free.

Dhalamar
30-01-11, 06:39
Hey Dhalamar! Have you played Dead Space 2 yet? The PS3 version gives you some exclusives over the 360 version. For example you get dead space extraction for free.

I played a little bit of the first one and couldn't really get into it.

KerryRhian
14-10-11, 11:39
If you want a ps3 exclusive, its a bit of an obvious one, but you must try Resistance 1-3. 1 doesn;t have trophies which is a bit disappointing but its still a great game. The second game is great and there are some challenging trophies in there. But Resistance 3, which came out last month is excellent, I platinumed it a few weeks ago and its fantastic!

Dhalamar
14-10-11, 01:34
I've since played the Resistance games (and the multiplayer beta for 3) ... but dude. Seriously? Trophies? lol I'm one of those guys who doesn't really care whether or not a game tells "Good job!!! You did a thing!!" heh

KerryRhian
16-10-11, 07:33
I can't say that I live for trophies but it is satisfying to turn on my ps3 and see that long long list of platinums! Plus its nice to compare it to all my friends on psn, it adds a bit of healthy competition into gaming

Dhalamar
16-10-11, 10:35
beh, I just want to play the games. lol

itsreallykevin
30-12-11, 12:49
Have you considered the God of War series? I spent many weekends playing the series for hours! I also had a blast playing the Sega Genesis collection. PSN is also promoting neogeo games, as well as some great classic PS1 & 2. Good luck, I first got a wii but have not powered that up since I got the PS3

tomtom2play
20-02-12, 12:14
Mass Effect 2 and Batman Arkum Asylum

random_dave
20-02-12, 12:19
Yakuza is one of my favourite series' as is God of War
I love Wipeout, GT5 and Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Another vote for Valkyria Chronicles, don't worry about the 'strategy' element, it's not too difficult (there used to be a demo, so check the store)
Dark Souls and Demons Souls are also very rewarding (obviously dark souls is multiplatform but Demons souls is exclusive and well worth playing

Dhalamar
20-02-12, 01:32
I've already had the system for about a year now, and it actually recently died on me. So I've played the majority of the late suggestions. heh