PDA

View Full Version : Desert Island cab'.

alyinsanfran
25-02-10, 12:43
If you could play only one game for the rest of your life, and it had to be an original cabinet... what would it be?

For me, Defender. I've never gotten sick of it.

GameGavel
25-02-10, 12:50
That is a very good question. I would have to go with Star Castle I think.

Duke.Togo
25-02-10, 12:56
VS. Super Mario Bros.

SubaruBrat
25-02-10, 03:24
Playboy edition of the Touchmaster Infinity, or perhaps a Tron environmental so I could fashion a hut out of it.

Duke.Togo
25-02-10, 04:23
Playboy edition of the Touchmaster Infinity

Notice that no one said alone on a deserted island, but I like where your mind went straight to anyway.

OldTymeToys
25-02-10, 04:56
I would take a game I completely suck at so I could spend as long as possible mastering it: Defender or Stargate.

alyinsanfran
25-02-10, 06:28
I would take a game I completely suck at so I could spend as long as possible mastering it: Defender or Stargate.

I never played StarGate (never saw one in an arcade), but as I understand it, the advantage was that you could warp quickly to the point you got to last time? Is that right?

Edwards80
25-02-10, 11:18
Tough question. I'd be torn between Frenzy and Robotron 2084.

I wouldn't want to be stuck on an island with evil otto though so I think it has to be Robotron.

miner2049er
25-02-10, 07:58
I think it would be something simple like Pacman, Donkey Kong, Amidar or probably BurgerTime.

alyinsanfran
25-02-10, 08:22
Hey Miner, someone else who likes Amidar! That's a great game. Tough, but great.

GameGavel
25-02-10, 08:32
Tough question. I'd be torn between Frenzy and Robotron 2084.

I wouldn't want to be stuck on an island with evil otto though so I think it has to be Robotron.

I think I might have to change my mind to Robotron. That is a game I don't think I could ever get sick of.

miner2049er
25-02-10, 08:38
Hey Miner, someone else who likes Amidar! That's a great game. Tough, but great.

Haha, your answer suggests you get a similar reaction to me whenever you mention it to anyone. People seem to dismiss it all too often.

alyinsanfran
26-02-10, 01:27
Haha, your answer suggests you get a similar reaction to me whenever you mention it to anyone. People seem to dismiss it all too often.

Completely. I remember all too many times back in the day my cobbers poo-pooing my love of Amidar.
I think most people didn't realise the enemies moved in those defined patterns instead of randomly. No idea why not - it's on the bloody attract screen.

Another I loved that nobody else did was Up n Down. I still play it regularly, it's such a great greed game once you learn to ignore the time bonus.

I'd suggest it would make a good top 10 segment - 'Games that deserved more love', but I'd imagine it would be impossible to agree on any of them.

alyinsanfran
26-02-10, 01:28
I think I might have to change my mind to Robotron. That is a game I don't think I could ever get sick of.

Eugene Jarvis made the best games ever. End of story, turn out the lights.

miner2049er
26-02-10, 09:45
I think most people didn't realise the enemies moved in those defined patterns instead of randomly. No idea why not - it's on the bloody attract screen.

I am hopeless at learning patterns and remembering them usually, that way every credit means I get a whole new challenge.

Another I loved that nobody else did was Up n Down. I still play it regularly, it's such a great greed game once you learn to ignore the time bonus.

Up n Down is another of my faves, it had a great version on the C64 too. I almost put it in my 2600 picks but it didn't make the final 4 (or 6 actually). Even the tune is awesome.

I'd suggest it would make a good top 10 segment - 'Games that deserved more love'

It's already on the way. Games that flew under the radar. ;)

andyuk
26-02-10, 08:46
Blimey, it'd be a toss up between Choplifter, Sit down Starwars and Ridge Racer. Thinking off the bat, Ridge Racer first, then if the 'genny' couldn't handle the power of a full RR cab. Choplifter... but only if...

Gawd thinking of it there's loads I like to take..

Hyper Sports, Outrun, Bubble Bobble, Super Hang On, Sega Rally.. Sighh.. Why you make me choose..??? heh

alyinsanfran
26-02-10, 09:30
Now that sit downs have been mentioned I may have to change mine to a 3 screen Ferrari F355.

Last time we were in Vegas I spent damn near a full day in the one at New York New York.

BydoEmpire73
27-02-10, 12:52
I'd probably go with Defender. It's one of those games I enjoy even though I totally suck at it. I could probably spend a lifetime trying to really learn the game and break a million.

IG-88
28-02-10, 11:55
I 'supose a 60 in 1 or a 3000 in 1 doesn't count? :)

If not then a Black Tiger or maybe Moon Partol. Or Kid Niki, Alien Syndrome, Burgertime......

Tough choice.