PDA

View Full Version : My $50 pickup today

GameGavel
20-02-10, 05:20
I can't believe I was first to call on this and the seller is holding to the $50. He said he's had a dozen calls on it since me. Picking it up now. 8 Hours roundtrip but totally worth it for this great Atari black and white.

I spent tons of time playing this in the mid 70's and def one of the iconic games of the times.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/clt/1608000047.html

I will post more photos when I get it home :)

miner2049er
20-02-10, 05:44
Will that be your oldest cab?

It's not like you to get a non runner......

GameGavel
20-02-10, 06:05
Will that be your oldest cab?

It's not like you to get a non runner......

According to the seller they played this fine for over 5 years. Last time they had it on about 6 month ago it powered up, screen came on but they just couldn't coin it up. Probably an easy fix.

The last game I got, Krull also didn't work, but it was simply the coin door interlock switch that needed to be pushed in. I love buying from sellers that are not collectors :)

I am betting this will be working before the weekends over :) Did you see this game growing up in the UK?

miner2049er
20-02-10, 06:34
I don't remember seeing that, in fact I don't remember to many black n white games apart from the Sprint series, Fire Truck etc.

Duke.Togo
21-02-10, 12:43
Fantastic find. I'm sure you post some details about getting this one up and running.

GameGavel
21-02-10, 04:17
Well, 8 hours later and it's home :) I took off the bezel and cleaned off about 5 lbs of dust on the screen and bezel. Bezel is scuffed pretty good but actually doesn't look as bad as it does in this photo. It does power up, screen comes on, marquee light needs to be replaced. It doesn't want to "coin up" though.

Scotty - any ideas? I will probably give you a skyper on Sunday to see if it's something obvious. It's torture having it down there and unplayable. Especially since the screen comes on :) It seems the last time I had a game not coin up it was a ground wire issue.

Def a great deal for $50! There are definitely deals to be found on Craigslist if you all look on a daily basis.

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/photos/stuntcycle.jpg

SubaruBrat
21-02-10, 04:47
Socal, I am sure that we will get this one working as fast as Krull. I will PM you about a time.

GameGavel
21-02-10, 04:49
Socal, I am sure that we will get this one working as fast as Krull. I will PM you about a time.

I am guessing a ground issue. That was the issue last time I had game not coin up :)

miner2049er
21-02-10, 12:28
That was the issue last time I had game not coin up :)

Nice Engrish. Ahh so!!

Broody game not coin up Scott San!!

SubaruBrat
21-02-10, 12:31
Rook, do not ramdomly try to install ground in this game, coin 1 and coin 2 not typical in wiring plan compared to modern game.

miner2049er
21-02-10, 03:49
How do you transport them?

Flat in your car?

GameGavel
21-02-10, 04:42
Ya flat on it's back in a Ford Escape. This is actually a pretty small cab.

GameGavel
21-02-10, 05:11
Ok. It's working!

Duh. It says to make sure the throttle is backed all the way off after play. If it is even a bit throttled it won't coin up. I held it backed off, flipped the coin switch and walla the player lite came on. Pushed it and now I am playin me some Stunt Cycle. Sound is good too.

Now to fiqure out how to turn the sound down :) Goes to show to check the most obvious first.

miner2049er
21-02-10, 06:16
So to fix your games you either take off a bit of tape or hold a throttle. To fix mine I gotta solder friggin chips in place and import spare parts.

Do the lottery won't ya!

GameGavel
21-02-10, 06:20
So to fix your games you either take off a bit of tape or hold a throttle. To fix mine I gotta solder friggin chips in place and import spare parts.

Do the lottery won't ya!

lol. It really seems, at least with Vids, it's usually something obvious. Funny thing is it quit working 6 months ago for the seller and they must have not really tried to get it running again. I adjusted the volume, now running to pick up a new flourescent for it and the Marquee will look great.

The only issue is the scuffed bezel. But still look great for a 35 year old machine.

RUP
21-02-10, 07:06
Wow Socal what a find! I remember playing that at a local department store when I was a kid! That's the last time I've seen one. Wonder why the throttle has to be all the way back to start the game?!? A calibration issue maybe?

GameGavel
21-02-10, 08:42
Wow Socal what a find! I remember playing that at a local department store when I was a kid! That's the last time I've seen one. Wonder why the throttle has to be all the way back to start the game?!? A calibration issue maybe?

Actually it is working like it is supposed to :) But I added a new flourescent but doesn't seem to be working - the marquee light, that is.

SubaruBrat
22-02-10, 12:54
You often have to replace the bulb and the starter. The starter usually looks like a little metal canister near the bulb, it twists and pulls out, you can buy them at home depot or target.

You know you can always set it to freeplay as well...

GameGavel
22-02-10, 01:12
You often have to replace the bulb and the starter. The starter usually looks like a little metal canister near the bulb, it twists and pulls out, you can buy them at home depot or target.

You know you can always set it to freeplay as well...

Oh, ya forgot about those. I've replaced them before. I will check it out.