PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Pinball Questions

miner2049er
13-02-10, 10:44
Here's number 1.

How does the Back To The Future pin play? Is it considered a good/bad or indifferent one?

SubaruBrat
13-02-10, 10:52
Dumb Pinball Answers

Plunger on the front, flipper buttons on the side, and you insert a coin just before pressing the start button. You use the flippers to keep the ball from draining.

miner2049er
13-02-10, 11:07
Thanks, I've always wondered.

miner2049er
15-02-10, 12:37
So is anybody that isn't a fnckwit going to answer my original question?

Is Back To The Future a good pinball machine?

njs
15-02-10, 04:17
Diane says it's merely ok. She says the biggest problem with the pin is that they didn't have the rights to Michael J. Fox's likeness so, it's not him on the pinball machine. I gather the game play didn't make up for this, in her opinion.

Nick

GameGavel
15-02-10, 04:33
Here's number 1.

How does the Back To The Future pin play? Is it considered a good/bad or indifferent one?

I've never seen nor played a BTTF pin.

fnd
15-02-10, 05:37
http://fndcollectables.com/MISC_/bttf1.jpg

Edwards80
15-02-10, 09:59
I liked it. Its a fun table and seems to hit the ground of being accessible to beginners but still fun if you know what you are doing. The sound on this machine is great too for an early 90s table. In fact the sound is what I remember most from playing it.

Artwork is mediocre and a bit busy. Michael J Fox wouldn't let Data East use his likeness so the chap on back glass is apparently modelled of the Artists Son. Would have been cool to have him on there but it doesn't spoil the fun really!

I definitely want to pick one up once my game-room gets sorted!

miner2049er
15-02-10, 10:43
Diane says it's merely ok. She says the biggest problem with the pin is that they didn't have the rights to Michael J. Fox's likeness so, it's not him on the pinball machine. I gather the game play didn't make up for this, in her opinion.

Yeah I thought the pics on ipdb looked weird.

That's a shame because if it was a good pin it could well be my Holy Grail.

Guess I'll have to stick with Big Shot.......

I liked it. Its a fun table and seems to hit the ground of being accessible to beginners but still fun if you know what you are doing. The sound on this machine is great too for an early 90s table. In fact the sound is what I remember most from playing it.

I definitely want to pick one up once my game-room gets sorted!

Hmm, now I don't know what to think LOL.

Guess I'll have to get it running in emulation at least.

SubaruBrat
15-02-10, 01:18
And now for the real answer.... I played it at auction quite a bit for a friend of mine who is a huge BTTF fan. That specific one was not in good enough shape to make it a candidate for restoration without spending far more than it was worth. My overall impression was that the sound was good, gameplay simple but OK, but what could have been some clever gadgets ended up as simple static printed pieces. The artwork also takes allot away from it for me. I have never understood actors witholding from pinball or video games. Much like Christian Bale would not appear in the T4 video game. Granted there is not much of a paycheck in it but in most cases no effort is needed on their part. All it does is harm the franchise and their future work. BTTF is a favorite of mine and a BBTF pinball with alternate artwork is about as appealing as a Guggi wallet, or a Panosonic iPod. It just seems like a squandered oppertunity to create a memorable part of the franchise instead of a knock off.

miner2049er
15-02-10, 01:39
I preferred your first answer. ;)