Game 1 - 12 Full Rounds

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/images/drunkmule.jpg

Game 2 - 6 Rounds

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/images/drunkmule2.jpg

GameGavel
03-02-10, 01:21
And for your listening pleasure:

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2010/roundup015_2010.02.htm

This should tide you all over until our new February 2010 cast surfaces.

teknohed
03-02-10, 01:24
Downloading it now! I can't wait!

How the heck do you guys have time to put out all these EXTRA podcasts?

GameGavel
03-02-10, 01:34
Downloading it now! I can't wait!

How the heck do you guys have time to put out all these EXTRA podcasts?

We could tell you but then we would have to cut off your ding ding :)

GameGavel
03-02-10, 02:06
http://www.gamegavel.com/blog.cgi?view_post=118

GameGavel
03-02-10, 04:43
I take it we don't like Sonny and Cher? That is also what I feel like doing if and when I ever hear that song :)

TV's Mr. Neil
03-02-10, 07:05
Yes. Two hours and thirty-five minutes into it, and I'm still listening.

Your wife says you're a lightweight.

miner2049er
03-02-10, 08:53
I take it we don't like Sonny and Cher? That is also what I feel like doing if and when I ever hear that song :)

It's a clip from the film, that's his alarm clock every morning playing the same song, and he smashes it every morning.

It's a good film I may have to watch again.

Funspot72
04-02-10, 06:14
Just heard a good portion of the drunken MULE podcast and I loved that little segment about that certain cider. I never heard that back in the day. It was hilarious!

Funspot72

RedWolfJC
06-02-10, 03:20
It ain't years later, but Yes, still listening LOL! At least it sounds like you all were having fun...

:PH

alyinsanfran
06-02-10, 05:27
I'm only 20 minutes in and already laughing my arse off. I can see the Corvette heading for the cliff. Good on ya's for putting this up.

leathco
07-02-10, 02:21
Downloading now. My computers hard drive crapped out on me and til I order a new one my only computer is my ps3 (Linux install). Thank god I have an iPod touch!

miner2049er
07-02-10, 04:34
Wonder how it would play out if you got drunk while listening........................

alyinsanfran
09-02-10, 01:33
I can't believe I listened to the whole thing. But, in my defense, I was packing stuff up from the old abode and it suited that mammoth task perfectly.

Friggin' hilarious - though I reckon you should have stopped after the first game, it was straight up drunken slurring and thoroughly nonsensical toward the end of the second game.

I'm still not sure who won.

On ya lads!

GameGavel
09-02-10, 02:05
I can't believe I listened to the whole thing. But, in my defense, I was packing stuff up from the old abode and it suited that mammoth task perfectly.

Friggin' hilarious - though I reckon you should have stopped after the first game, it was straight up drunken slurring and thoroughly nonsensical toward the end of the second game.

I'm still not sure who won.

On ya lads!

"We played two games?" :)

alyinsanfran
09-02-10, 05:15
Ha! Man you guys had me laughing hard. SoCal when you were starting to sweat it up I thought for sure you were going to wind up driving the porcelain truck.

Tell you what, it's totally motivated me to learn Mule.

GameGavel
09-02-10, 06:53
Ha! Man you guys had me laughing hard. SoCal when you were starting to sweat it up I thought for sure you were going to wind up driving the porcelain truck.

Tell you what, it's totally motivated me to learn Mule.

You have a standing invitiation to play with the three of us if you want to :) Scott and I play somewhat frequently.

alyinsanfran
10-02-10, 12:26
Cheers, I'll take you up on that when I've got it figured out.

I presume using the online client there's a training mode, or you can play the computer?

GameGavel
10-02-10, 01:49
Cheers, I'll take you up on that when I've got it figured out.

I presume using the online client there's a training mode, or you can play the computer?

Just goto http://www.planetmule.com and download it. Then we can all schedule a time to play and then we can help you out. UK learned this way :)

SubaruBrat
13-02-10, 03:29
Also for the faithful, if you want some Pabst Blue Ribbon gear (http://www.pabstblueribbon.com/AgeVerification.aspx) well, there it is.

Tommigun
14-02-10, 08:03
Well you asked to send a message if we actually listened to the whole thing, so here's my guilty as charged message.

You guys are crazy!

miner2049er
14-02-10, 08:08
Haha!

It's cool seeing these messages where people made it through with us. What would be great is if this thread got bumped by one in like 5 years or something.

slapntickle
19-02-10, 11:07
Just finished listening.
Great entertainment!
Two bottles of wine helped!

miner2049er
19-02-10, 11:18
I imagine they did LOL.

SubaruBrat
20-02-10, 01:08
Just finished listening.
Great entertainment!
Two bottles of wine helped!

Great user name and great listening practice.

retroshaun
19-03-10, 04:48
Yes I listened to the bitter end too - at work - without alcohol. Hilarious, but I expected more swearing :)

techmaster
19-03-10, 08:28
Just finished listening to this episode.
It was hilarious. Reminded me of time when me and a buddy used to hang out and game into the night after I got out of the army.

techmaster
19-03-10, 08:33
Haha!

It's cool seeing these messages where people made it through with us. What would be great is if this thread got bumped by one in like 5 years or something.

Don't worry, I'm sure Flare will see to that. The 'Bumper King' from across time and space. ;)

GameGavel
20-03-10, 12:09
Yes I listened to the bitter end too - at work - without alcohol. Hilarious, but I expected more swearing :)

More swearing? Every other word we all spoke was F*CK :LD

SubaruBrat
20-03-10, 05:02
Hence our half assed job.

miner2049er
20-03-10, 11:11

Well, we left some in for context but SoCal has Tourette's when mixed with alcohol. Sadly for one reason or another we can't put out everything we record....................

Don't worry, I'm sure Flare will see to that. The 'Bumper King' from across time and space. ;)

Oh you better believe it.

retroshaun
22-03-10, 04:44
More swearing? Every other word we all spoke was F*CK :LD

LOL! Maybe it was carefully edited... or maybe I spent too many drunk evenings in English town center pubs :)
BTW - This episode got me into M.U.L.E in a pretty big way!

SRG
30-08-10, 02:23
I too braved the entire show, I love it when you guys drink. The passion for retro gaming really shines through!!

Hey SoCal, just curious would you like to see my photos from my vacation to Israel??

GameGavel
30-08-10, 02:30
I too braved the entire show, I love it when you guys drink. The passion for retro gaming really shines through!!

Hey SoCal, just curious would you like to see my photos from my vacation to Israel??

Sure. Why do you ask?

retroshaun
30-08-10, 05:07

LOL! Not sure I like where this is going! :)

miner2049er
30-08-10, 07:08
I hope he says yes anyway...................

SRG
31-08-10, 03:21
It was in reference to all the JEW comments SoCal was making!! ;) I have been though, awesome historical place, if you get the chance I recommend going. The arcade in Jerusalem was pretty cool. Nice mix of retro and new, kind of like Disneyland's Starcade (geez is that even still there?) but not as big maybe 30 to 40 cabs?

GameGavel
31-08-10, 04:01
I am going to have to relisten to what I said.lol. Remember I was drunk and I think we had a disclaimer that nothing we said could be held against us :). If not I am making this disclaimer now.

miner2049er
31-08-10, 09:52
Oh right, I think he called them "cheap" if I remember correctly.

SRG
02-09-10, 12:53
Several times as I recall....

Flare
14-02-11, 03:15
What would be great is if this thread got bumped by one in like 5 years or something.Would you settle with a one year bump?

miner2049er
14-02-11, 03:22
I would expect nothing less of you.

random_dave
04-01-12, 03:31
and almost another year later I finished this last night
Listened to it mostly walking dogs, so no alcohol consumed on my part

Sounded like lots of fun though, I'm still yet to play Mule, and this podcast did a stand up job in not giving away any exploits or tactics that would essentially ruin the game for me (or a great deal of info on how the game actually plays! ;-) )

miner2049er
04-01-12, 03:54
.. but at least you got to hear how Norman Collier came up with his act.

random_dave
04-01-12, 04:36
...and who 'wears the trousers' in the various households

Thinking about it, there may be a correlation between Trish being friendly when her 'man' responsibly takes his alcohol away and Scotts misses slamming doors and storming off when finding him sat surrounded by a pile of empty PBR tinnies ;-)

Then again I'll admit to knowing absolutely nothing about how the female brain works

indieseoul
10-01-12, 12:20
Well then since you have finally listened to this episode you might as well watch my poorly animated version of it as well. This will explain how I got my avatar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-GN-5s5-LQ&list=UUi9bZsk3XqcS958FtbAdP9w&index=10&feature=plcp