PDA

View Full Version : battery damage.

teknohed
23-01-10, 12:57
Might be a good hardware question. I think scott already covered this sort of thing if you find corrosion in an arcade cab, so maybe it's the same thing.

I'm listening to the Dec podcast and in it So Cal recommends that you should always check hand held battery doors for corrosion.

But what if were talking an Entex Adventure Vision here. I mean are you gonna pass on that due to corrosion? heck no, so you get this thing home and the battery bay is all rusted out, whadda ya do now?

GameGavel
23-01-10, 01:06
Might be a good hardware question. I think scott already covered this sort of thing if you find corrosion in an arcade cab, so maybe it's the same thing.

I'm listening to the Dec podcast and in it So Cal recommends that you should always check hand held battery doors for corrosion.

But what if were talking an Entex Adventure Vision here. I mean are you gonna pass on that due to corrosion? heck no, so you get this thing home and the battery bay is all rusted out, whadda ya do now?

Ya, I wouldn't pass up an AV with a corrision issue as I am sure you could fix it. It's just that some games aren't worth the effort if they are common. I've some across some handheld games were the batteries are literally "welded" to the inside of a game with bad corrosion. And sometimes I don't find out until I get home.

So, Scott, how does one go about cleaning out and fixing a corroted battery compartment?

teknohed
23-01-10, 01:14
The only time I ever ran into this was on an old Model airplane. Man those things came out lookin like little red brownies...I'm sure I have some kind of heavy metal poisoning from that thing.