PDA

View Full Version : Hi from RetroPom / HOW / PiNZ....depends on forum

RetroPom
07-11-09, 06:01
Hi there All,

I've been meaning to post on here for AGES - Been loving the podcast - Great work.

I used to listen to RGR with Shane (only towards the end - Still need to buy the Starving Student edition if he's still doing it LOL) - He had some good stuff on there - Love interviews from programmers/designers/industry face from back in the day.

I heard about RGR from Retro Gamer magazine - I was a subscriber back in the Live Publishing days......Mmmmmmm

A bit about me.

40yo - originally from the UK (Berkshire for UK Mike's benefit). I live near RAF Greenham Common for Brat's (Nuclear Tomahawk Cruise Missiles).
Now living in New Zealand.
Got into pinball and arcades from an early age and Home Computers there after - i was a C=64 / Amiga person :)

Never really into consoles til PS2 - Not upgrade to PS3 but I have a Wii (Need to play it more - Is HotD Overkill any good? - Saw it for NZ$110 the other day - and looks like you get 2 guns !!!! Cool :D)

Love emulation - both MAME and VP and other systems.
Loving your podcast - Missing the fact both TOP Cast and the Silverball podcast have dried up :(

Speak soon - Andy - RetroPom / HOW / PiNZ

miner2049er
07-11-09, 11:57
Hi there, good to have you on board, even though you are from Berkshire, or should I say Royal Berkshire? (For US people it is the only county to have the "Royal" prefix).

I subscribed in the Live Publishing days too, that's when the mag was best imo.

Top Gear did a great segment at Greenham Common deciding the best cars created under communism. If you haven't seen it, make sure you do, Clarkson kills May.

I haven't played HOTD Overkill but I'm sure somebody here will have.

SubaruBrat
07-11-09, 04:47
That was a great episode, terrible cars. They made me feel better though that a first world nation created something as bad as our Plymouth K cars.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing from you!

GameGavel
22-11-09, 10:51
Hey Retro,

Thanks for listening and also for using the forums. We love to hear from our listeners and fellow gamers.

Hope to see you as a regular around here.:SM

RetroPom
23-11-09, 06:32
Hey Retro,

Thanks for listening and also for using the forums. We love to hear from our listeners and fellow gamers.

Hope to see you as a regular around here.:SM

I'm glad to be here. As I said before I've been meaning to post for AGES - I've been with you since Episode 1!!!!!

It's a great show - and I hope I can conribute to it via the forums.
Just startrd listening to this month's - and I'd TOTALLY FORGOTTEN about those Tomy mechanical toys!!!!! I had the Raceway on!!!!! Thanks for reminding me :D :D :D