PDA

View Full Version : Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters !

GameGavel
17-06-09, 01:27
I just picked this up today and I have to admint I am jonsing for my pixelated Ghostbusters fix. I, for one, loved the Atari 2600 Activision offering and can't wait to fire up the PS3 tonight and get my "ghost" on !

marc21
17-06-09, 02:36
Cant wait for the new ghostbusters 3 film supposedly the entire original cast is willing to do it,should be great probably 2010 or so....

Ataripitbull
19-06-09, 04:52
I just picked this up today and I have to admint I am jonsing for my pixelated Ghostbusters fix. I, for one, loved the Atari 2600 Activision offering and can't wait to fire up the PS3 tonight and get my "ghost" on !

Well how was the game? I was thinking about buying it my self but wanted to know if others liked it first. I have bought some crap PS3 games before checking with other gamers and got burned, one that comes to mind was " Conan " I bought this game because I loved the movie but the game play sucked.:THUMBSDOWN:

GameGavel
19-06-09, 04:57
Well how was the game? I was thinking about buying it my self but wanted to know if others liked it first. I have bought some crap PS3 games before checking with other gamers and got burned, one that comes to mind was " Conan " I bought this game because I loved the movie but the game play sucked.:THUMBSDOWN:

I have logged a couple hours with it and really like it. It was written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis so it's well acted and has a great script with plenty of standard jokes.

There are some invisible walls here and there but nothing to bad considering all that is going on all the time. I agree with the 8/10 review IGN gave it. Great game, especially if you remember the movie.

I think my favorite Ghostbustes game, however, is still the Sega Genesis version :)

But I would definitely recommend it. And I love the Q*Bert machine that is in the firehouse. This game is loaded with small graphical touches like that. And seeing the StayPuff Marshmallow Man fill the 48" HD TV is something very special. Great job Atari !!

Ataripitbull
19-06-09, 05:12
OK, so then you say its worth spending the money. I'm heading to Gamestop tomorrow to pick up my copy of UFC 2009 and I'll also pick up a copy of Ghost Busters.

Dhalamar
26-02-10, 12:41
I know I'm coming in extremely late for this, but I thought I would point out that the Ghostbusters video game, basically, IS the third movie in it's storyline. To the best of my knowledge they still aren't doing an official Ghostbusters 3 movie, of course there are ALWAYS rumors of that.

And, unfortunately, the PS3 and the PC got the shit end of deal with that game. The PS3 version doesn't run at 1080p like it's supposed to, it only runs at 540p for some reason along with various little frame rate problems. Of course, if that's all you've got you'll still get the enjoyment out of the game, it's just not anywhere near as good as either the 360 version or the PC version in regards to quality.

And speaking of the PC version, it's identical to the other two in just about every respect other than being able to run it at higher resolutions than it's console counterparts. BUT ... they COMPLETELY removed the multiplayer from the game.

So in the end, if all you've got is a PS3 then yeah. Same thing with the PC. But the 360 version is the way to go if you've got the choice.

The PS3 unfortunately usually gets the shit end of the stick when it comes to ports like that because it's such a bitch to program for. Sometimes it's barely noticeable (like Oblivion, Call of Duty 4 and Soul Calibur 4 ... some of the textures aren't as good) other times, like with Ghostbusters and the recently released Bayonetta, it's glaringly obvious.

Not a fanboy of any particular system here, I'm in it for the games and I personally want the best possible experience in what I get. :)

And as far as the Atari 2600 version of Ghostbusters from back in the day, I've always thought it was a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE game. :P Though I can appreciate what it was able to do on the system with item management and whatnot. And the Ghostbusters car scenes where you're driving to the location is a hell of a lot better on the 2600 than on the NES. :)