PDA

View Full Version : Coleco

4hbk
19-05-09, 10:22
Hey evey one out there does anyone remember those coleco handhelds
like pac-man, donkey kong, frogger & the galaxian one?:DKB:PAC:mspac:

Ataripitbull
19-06-09, 04:36
Yes I sure do, I used to have Donkey Kong untill it was stolen from in when my old house in Detroit was broken into. I loved that game and now that i'm thinking about it, I'm going to check the auctions to see if I can get another one.

:DKB

GameGavel
19-06-09, 04:59
I have my wifes original Pac Man and have found many of them at the swaps. I always end up selling them for some reason.

Ataripitbull
19-06-09, 05:15
Well the graphics sucked on these little hand helds but I still had fun playing them so I'm going to look into getting one.

:DKB

Chewieshmoo
19-06-09, 06:53
Hell YEAH! Sadly I don't have them anymore.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3273/3061082494_40971107a8_o.jpg

CinemaslaveJoe
21-10-09, 02:54
Nice! I had the Coleco Pac-Man, Frogger, and Donkey Kong table-tops, but never owned Galaxian or Zaxxon. My little brother dropped my Donkey Kong in the bathtub (he wasn't in the tub at the time, fortunately) and it died. He later dropped the Pac-Man, and the top of the cabinet broke off, although the game still worked. Not sure whatever happened to Frogger...

-CSJ

GameGavel
21-10-09, 03:07
Nice! I had the Coleco Pac-Man, Frogger, and Donkey Kong table-tops, but never owned Galaxian or Zaxxon. My little brother dropped my Donkey Kong in the bathtub (he wasn't in the tub at the time, fortunately) and it died. He later dropped the Pac-Man, and the top of the cabinet broke off, although the game still worked. Not sure whatever happened to Frogger...

-CSJ

Did any of you go through a period in time where you had to take things apart to see how they worked? I ended up killing off many an electronic game by taking it apart to see how those little red blips moved. I killed off a Mattel Electronics Baseball that way. I wanted to play it without the casing so I took it apart. I wanted to touch thouse darned red blips.

Those Mattel Games were always my favorite. I still have my original Basketball and now a nearly complete collection of them including my favorites Auto Race and Battlestar Galactica.

I also loved the D&D LCD Mattel Electronics game. I still play it to this day.

CinemaslaveJoe
23-10-09, 05:16
I never tried to take my Coleco handhelds apart, but I did take a couple of Atari 2600 cartridges apart to look inside. Was amazed to see that I was being charged $30 for a hollow plastic shell filled with air and a tiny little chip.

-CSJ