PDA

View Full Version : Gudday and Howdy.

alyinsanfran
13-02-09, 06:20
Have arrived from RetrogamingRadio.

Am a 39 yr old Kiwi and have lived in San Francisco Bay Area for going on 8 years.

Gaming history:

First love was a Sinclair ZX81. With 1k of ram. Yes. Made me learn Z80 assembler. Got the 16k expansion pack later, with built-in wobble mode that lost port contact and all of your carefully typed program.

Second (and fondest) love: In NZ we had the Sega SC3000 (computer version of SG1000 console). It was flippin' brilliant, the most sublime Basic I've seen (before STOS anyway) and fantastic carts.

Third: C64. Yadda yadda... loved it but so did everybody else.

Fourth: Atari STe. What a bloody great machine. Totally underrated.

Fifth: Lynx. Cost a fortune in batteries, but a sweet unit. Still reckon it was the finest portable machine of the era.

Sixth: Ps1. Got me back into gaming after a long hiatus chasing tail instead (then realised I could do both). WipeOut sold it to me, NFS 1 and 3 and GT kept it alive. Still think it's the best platform, like ever.

Seventh: PS2. Still love it, esp' for GTA3 and sundry driving games. Am collecting all the must have titles which I plan to keep for my retirement.

Seventh: PSP. Hacked fat, 16gb card, it's pretty much all I play nowadays, esp' lots of old PS1 titles, emulation and a fair few native titles.

I have no intention to get a PS3 or a 360 or a wii. Just not interested enough, especially when the PSP has sleep mode for perfect pick-up-and-play sessions.

Great show, forums look promising, keep it up guys!

:SFK

GameGavel
14-02-09, 01:31
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy our shows :)

:WAGON:

nathanallan
14-02-09, 05:47
That's a rich and diverse history! I don't have a working PS2, do you have Battlestar Galactica for it?

Agreed about the STe, and all the ST computers. Great machines!

alyinsanfran
17-02-09, 10:20
That's a rich and diverse history! I don't have a working PS2, do you have Battlestar Galactica for it?

No, I don't. May be another to pick up in the bargain bins. It's great that so many top games are so cheap!

miner2049er
17-02-09, 10:49
Great show, forums look promising, keep it up guys!

:SFK

Good to have you here.

Spread the love.