PDA

View Full Version : Vector Tanks - Iphone

GameGavel
30-01-09, 06:41
My friend Peter Hirschberg is releasing his second Iphone game. First he brought Atari 2600's Adventure to the Iphone and now his remake of Battlezone - Vector Tanks.

Check out this movie. Can't wait for this one to come out.

http://toucharcade.com/2009/01/15/retro-3d-vector-tanks-battlezone-for-the-iphone/

dhenniga
31-01-09, 12:46
Jesus, that looks really good. I'm assuming that you press the center of the screen to fire so technically you can't move while firing (which wasn't in Battlezone) but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I have had a highscore battle on Battlezone with a friend of mine for a few years now. He's 1,000 points ahead of me (the £$%*^£).

GameGavel
07-02-09, 07:11
Peter Hirshcberg is a friend of mine, and he got me a prereleaes (ad hoc) version of the game last night. It's freaking amazing. The best version of Battlezome that I've ever played or will ever play. His use of color, sound, intuitive controls, combined with power ups and other surprises will blow your mind. This game is actually reason enough to justify the purchase if an Ipod Touch. My official review will be included in the Feb podcast of retrogamingroundup coming out very soon :)